Wed, Aug 31|
Thrive: Mental Health Prep For Pregnancy
Moms benefit from prep classes dedicated to birthing and breastfeeding, but what about emotional preparation for the wild transformation of motherhood? Pregnancy, birth, lactation and postpartum bring a roller coaster of emotions, fears and responsibilities, which can feel overwhelming. We can help!
Time & Location
Aug 31, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PDT
About the Event
Pregnant moms need a prep group that addresses the emotional aspects of pregnancy & postpartum and builds supportive community, along with practical insights for avoiding perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
Introducing Thrive: Mental Health Prep for Pregnant People, a group designed to foster connections between expecting mothers and prepare women for the transformative experience of new motherhood.
In this 5-week group, Deborah Tan, Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, will guide you through concrete planning and solution building strategies for the care and feeding of yourself as a new mom. You will leave the group with new knowledge of the developmental phase of matrescence (the birth of a mom), connections with friends who share similar due dates, and best of all, a personalized owner’s manual - a Survival Kit - to help you prevent postpartum mental health crises and prepare for a smoother transition into your new role.
Specifically this group will provide:
- Psychoeducation on pregnancy topics such as physical, psychological, and relational changes;
- Knowledge of the Two-Track Method, a way of addressing immediate needs along with attending to underlying emotions;
- A group setting to process feelings related to the wild transformation of pregnancy, giving birth, and becoming a mother;
- Opportunities to connect with other pregnant women to build community prior to birth;
- Referrals to practical resources for pregnancy and postpartum (nutritionists, lactation specialists, therapists, meal delivery services, doulas, baby nurses, etc.).
Group begins meets for 5 consecutive Wednesday evenings, from 7-8:30pm.
$325 for 5 weeks
Fine print: Requests for refunds should be submitted by email to email@example.com, no later than 1 week prior to the start of the group. An administrative fee of $25 will be assessed. Cancellations occurring within 1 week of group start date are eligible for a partial refund equal to 75% of the fee. If the group is being offered again, participants can request to postpone attendance until next group start date, and those requests must be received in writing, by email and will be assessed a $25 administrative fee. Refunds will be issued within 5 business days.
Thrive - 5 group sessions