Perinatal Perfectionism - Using Internal Family Systems to Heal Inner Critics
Time & Location
About the Event
New motherhood is rife with “mommy wars” and high-pressure messages about how to mother best, sending vulnerable moms into perfectionistic overdrive. Internal Family Systems approaches perfectionism as a "part", and relaxes the system by encouraging insight, "unblending" and most of all, connection with compassionate internal resources. Learn the components of a perfectionistic system and how to appreciate and heal inner critics.
This workshop is designed primarily for therapists who are excited about Internal Family Systems and its incredible healing potential, though IFS enthusiasts are also welcome. Although review of terms and concepts will be provided, some knowledge of IFS is helpful. Jessica has a 1 hour basic course available to prep you for this workshop HERE. IFS is a model for understanding and relating to our inner world from the perspective that there are different parts of us imbued with historical fears, hopes and beliefs. Our parts organize and act in understandable (though often outdated) ways. At our core is a Self that is distinct from our parts and has an innate capacity to lead with confidence, compassion and wholeness. IFS supports people in unburdening our fear-based younger parts and becoming Self-led. While IFS can take years to master, even a 3 hour workshop like this can open up immense healing and insight. Join us!
Objectives for this workshop:
- Demonstrate understanding of basic IFS terminology including parts, Self energy and blending/unblending.
- Identify the two primary sources of external criticism AND describe how they influence the formation of inner critics.
- Articulate two ways in which the perinatal period increases susceptibility to perfectionism.
- Name the three IFS steps to healing a perfectionistic system.
This workshop offers a didactic component as well as guided meditation, writing, drawing and sharing with a supportive group.
California therapists can earn 3 CEUs upon completion of this course ($15 additional fee).
* Refunds can be requested up to 7 days prior to the event. A $10 processing fee will be assessed to cover credit card fees. If refund is requested within 6 days of the event, half of the event fee will be returned.
- Perinatal Perfectionism$85$850$0
- CEUs for CA therapists$15$150$0